The recently released to market Nokia N80 smart is the first multimedia 3G world phone with EGSM 850/900/1800/1900 and WCDMA 210.
The N80 is one of several phones that Nokia has released that includes a Wifi allow you to connect to a WLAN hotspot for Internet access.
Sporting a high-resolution 352 x 416 pixel screen, web browsing using the high-resolution screen has never been better. The N80 has a three-megapixel digital camera which is higher in pixel resolution than most of the existing phone-cameras in the market. The 3-megapixel camera has a built-in flash. It also has a secondary camera for video conferencing.
The Nokia N80 has bluetooth, WLAN connectivity, email, MP3 and other digital music player functionality, personal organizer, 3D java game support. Other features include Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), FM radio, MiniSD memory card slot. It functions as a portable high resolution display media player providing ample storage via its memory card slot. The N80 is Nokia’s one of the most advanced all-in-one device.
Nokia N80 Tips
WCDMA Support in the US. Nokia had planned to release a WCDMA 1900 MHz version for the North American 3G market but the plan was suspended because Nokia and Cingular Wireless wasn’t able to reach an agreement. Nokia began selling the existing UMTS 2100 model in the United States.
Prospective phone buyers who plan to use the phone in the US should note very carefully that this model cannot be used for UMTS in the US because operators such as Cingular and Rogers Wireless can offer WCDMA only on the standard 850/1900 MHz frequencies currently allocated to mobile phones in North America.
A2DP Bluetooth. Nokia originally announced the N80 as supporting Bluetooth 2.0, however it was released with Bluetooth 1.2. Therefore the N80 does not currently support stereo playback over Bluetooth.
|Operating System||Symbian OS (9.1) + Series 60 v3|
|GSM frequencies||850/900/1800/1900 MHz|
|System Speed||Normal Applications : 220MHz|
|GPRS||Yes, class 10|
|EDGE (EGPRS)||Yes, class 10|
|UMTS/WCDMA (3G)||2100 MHz|
|WLAN||Yes (and UPnP), 802.11b/g supported|
|Main screen||TFT Matrix, 262144 colors, 352×416 pixels|
|Camera||Front 0.3 M.P. 2x digital zoom & Rear 3.0 M.P. CMOS w/photo light, 20x digital zoom (5x in video rec.)|
|Video recording||Yes, MPEG-4 Simple Profile at CIF and H.263 at QCIF (max. clip length 2 hours)|
|Push to talk||Yes|
|Java support||Yes, MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1|
|Built-in memory||40 MB|
|Memory card slot||Yes, MiniSD (sales package includes 128 MB card)|
|Bluetooth||Yes, 1.2; Profiles supported: Basic Printing, Generic Access, Serial Port, Dial-up Networking, Headset, Handsfree, Generic Object Exchange, Object Push, File Transfer, Basic Imaging, SIM Access, and Human Interface Device|
|Data cable support||Yes|
|Browser||WAP 2.0 XHTML/HTML|
|Music player||Yes, stereo|
|Polyphonic tones||Yes, 48 chords|
|Battery||BL-5B (820 mAh)|
|Talk time||3 hours|
|Standby time||8 days (192 hours)|
- Volume: 97.4 cc
- Weight: 134 g
- Length: 95.4 mm
- Width (max): 50 mm
- Thickness (max): 26 mm
- Active matrix color display (352×416, up to 262,144 colors)
- Screen size 2.125 inches (diagonal)
- Automatic brightness control for display
- 4-way scroll key with center select, two softkeys, application-key, edit and clear key, send & end key, multimedia key
- Dedicated capture key for instant camera activation
Imaging and Video
- Integrated 3 megapixel camera sensor (2048 x 1536 pixels) with up to 20x digital zoom and macro mode
- Landscape capture with dedicated capture key
- Integrated flash LED with red-eye reduction
- High-quality video capture in MP4 and 3GP formats with up to 5x digital zoom
- Image and video editors
- Nokia Lifeblog
- Image and video uploading to the Web
- Nokia XpressPrint over infrared, Bluetooth wireless technology, PictBridge, and UPnP directly from Gallery
- Sensor: 3.2 megapixel CMOS
- Focal length: 4.7 mm (35 mm equivalent)
- Focus range: close up mode: 17.5 cm to 23.4 cm, Normal mode: 68 cm to infinity
- Flash LED modes: On, Off, Automatic, red-eye reduction
- Still image resolutions: 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 800 x 600, 640 x 480 pixels
- Still images file format: EXIF JPEG
- Video capture resolutions: 352 x 288; 176 x 144 (pixels)
- Exposure: Automatic, Manual EV correction +/-2.0
- White balance: Auto, sunny, incandescent, fluorescent, cloudy
- Image capture: JPEG (16.7 million/24-bit)
- Color tones: Normal, sepia, black & white, negative
- Capture modes: Normal, self-timer, sequence
- Scene settings: Normal mode: Auto, portrait, landscape, night portrait, night landscape, sports, candlelight, and user. Close up mode: close-up and document
- Advanced camera modes: self timer, advanced sequence mode, 10 scene modes and brightness, contrast, sharpness, color saturation, white balance, exposure compensation and color tones adjustments, image quality settings and video stabilization
- Integrated VGA camera on front with 2x digital zoom
- Video capture: H.263 (up to 16.7 million/24-bit color)
Nokia Xpress Features
- Nokia XpressPrint – Print from your phone. Print on the go. Order prints online. Nokia brings you fast and easy ways to print your photos, calendars, contacts and e-mails.
- Nokia XpressTransfer – Manage your photos and videos between all your compatible devices with Nokia XpressTransfer storing solution.
- Nokia XpressShare – Nokia makes it simple for you to share your personal content quickly and easily with Nokia XpressShare sharing solution.
- Nokia XpressMusic – Nokia XpressMusic, fast and easy access to music.
- Integrated digital music player with stereo audio. Supported file formats: MP3, AAC, M4A, eAAC+, and WMA
- Supports USB mass storage protocol that enables easy drag and drop of files from your compatible PC to your device and back
- Stereo FM radio with support for Visual Radio (Stereo sound can only be heard with a compatible stereo headset)
- Multimedia player (RealPlayer) with Realvideo, 3GPP, & MPEG4 AVC video streaming support
- Comes standard with a full Web browser
- Java™ MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
- Over-the-air download of Java-based applications and games
- E-mail with document viewers to view attachments
- SMS, multimedia messaging (MMS)
- Office document viewers (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Nokia PC Suite connectivity with USB, Bluetooth wireless technology, and IrDa (infrared)
- WLAN connectivity
- Advanced S60 PIM (calendar, contacts, task list, PIM printing, etc.)
- Voice recording, dialing and voice commands
- Nokia Push to talk (PTT) application (Depends on operator network configuration)
- Setting Wizard for easy settings configuration
- Video sharing and two-way video calling
- Up to 40 MB of internal dynamic memory for images, contacts, text messages, multimedia messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, calendar notes, to-do list and applications. Preinstalled applications on the user data area of the device memory will reduce the informed amount of available memory, unless uninstalled.
- 18 MB of RAM for running applications and games.
- Expandable memory: 128 MB miniSD card
- “Hot” swap slot for easy memory card insertion and removal, but must use software eject.
- Quadband EDGE/GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + WCDMA 2100 MHz (Europe/Asia) with simultaneous voice and packet data (PS max speed UL/DL= 384/384kbit/s, CS max speed 64kpbs)
- EGPRS (Class c, Multislot class 11): Maximum download 236.8 kbit/s; upload 177.6 kbit/s
- Integrated Wireless LAN (802.11b/g) and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
- Bluetooth 1.2 wireless technology
- Infrared port
- Pop-Port™ interface with USB 2.0 Full Speed with mass storage class
- Data transfer (from compatible S40 and S60 phones)
- Colors available: Smooth stainless, Pearl black
- Nokia Charger (AC-4)
- Nokia Charger Adapter (CA-44)
- Nokia Battery (BL-5B)
- Nokia Stereo Headset (HS-23)
- Nokia Connectivity Cable (CA-53)
- Wrist strap
- 128 MB miniSD memory card
- Nokia Audio Adapter (AD-15)