Sykes Asia has a current job opening for a Software Development Manager. Some of the responsibilities of the position include leading a software engineering team. For interested applicants, you can email your resume to careers-mla at sykes dot com.
- To provide leadership to the software engineering team, execute software engineering plans, manages engineering schedules, resource allocations, employee development and coaching.
- Responsible for the all software development, implementation and maintenance of all applications in compliance to Sykes development methods and standards.
- To provide architectural and technical guidance to software product development and is expected to participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- To actively contribute to Improvement Programs, and will take responsibility for delivery of part or all of certain Team Initiatives.
- To work with peers and counterparts to ensure that the initiative is completed and effective.
- Responsible for all technical project documentation. This must be kept under version control, with sign-off (if appropriate) and stored in a suitable indexed manner.
- At least 5 five years related software development experience
- Graduate of Engineering or Computer related courses
- Experience of managing out-sourced/vendor based developments.
- Working knowledge of the Capability Maturity Model, preferably familiar with Level 2/3.
- Demonstrable experience to technically design and architect enterprise class applications.
- Experience of working with code, component, and message repositories.
- Good understanding of hardware infrastructure and how this must be applied in enterprise applications, particularly to support contingency.
- Good understanding of networking technologies and principles.
- Good understanding of Software Configuration Management strategies and tools.
- Excellent understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design and Component analysis.
- Excellent understanding of all Software Development methodologies (AGILE, Lean, Waterfall, RUP, RAD).
- Business knowledge (some preferred); CRM, HR/Financial Systems
- Excellent understanding of the following technology C#.NET, .NET Framework, Java Script, ASP.NET, XML, Web application Frameworks, Design Patterns,
- Good understanding of SAS 70, SOX and software AUDIT.
Find more information from the Ortigas Online Location Map of Sykes Asia Inc.